We can confirm that at the end of Phase 2 we have sold 484 tickets, which means 716 are still available to buy.
These will now go on sale to Club Members in Phase 3 - From 10.00am on Wednesday, 23 September through to 4.00pm on Friday, 25 September and remaining tickets from 5.00pm on Saturday, 26 September, following the Eastleigh game.
Unless there is a late rush by Club Members / Season Ticket holders, it is now expected that a General Sale will take place and further details will be announced on Sunday.
We have also been contacted by supporters regarding the charges for tickets at the Lookers Vauxhall Stadium. Our discussions with Chester FC regarding this fixture took place some time ago, and included the logistical and safety issues faced by both clubs in the distribution of tickets to Wrexham supporters using the two separate away stands under the
present Safe Transport Arrangements.
The agreed process was that we sell coach tickets in advance and match tickets would then be allocated to supporters on their arrival at the stadium, dependent on the coach they are travelling on and under the supervision of the two local police forces.
As a result, once arrived at the ground we would be unable to identify supporters who might have wanted to purchase seats in the South or West stands, as we have to distribute tickets in a timely manner for fans to gain entry into to ground.
These arrangements are the same as had been in place for our last two visit to Chester, the current ticket pricing has mirrored both these games and with Chester fans visiting Wrexham to be charged £19.00.
In the last week or so, we have been made aware of changes to the pricing policy at the Lookers Vauxhall Stadium under Rule 21 of the National League’s regulations, but this has left no time to alter arrangements for our visit, which were set in place several weeks earlier.
We understand that this late change to the pricing structure has caused both clubs challenges for the derby match and if we do play each other next season, we will have an extended period in which to confirm differing arrangements to take into account the new format.